Sunday, May 10, 2015

BAPTISM in a POOL! :o) May 3, 2015


Elder Zepeda and I at the Costa Rica Temple:
Things here are great. We had a baptism this week at 7am in the morning. It went really great! We planned a lot and the primary came and sang a song for our investigator, Denis, he was super excited and it was great to be able to see how much he has changed his life around. He was prepared to receive the missionaries before we got there. We baptized him in a plastic pool behind our house(the church). My companion baptized him and I had the opportunity to do the Confirmation. His whole family showed up as well as his neighbors so that was pretty cool, considering the baptism was so early.
Pics of the baptism:


Elder Zepeda and I with Denis--the newest member. Elder Zepeda preformed the baptism and Elder Adams performed the confirmation. It was a beautiful day and we had great support from the members.

Primary children in the background :o)
Pool is filled and ready to go!

This week we have a Zone Meeting and Then I have divisions with the Zone leaders. My companion is going to their area which is about 3 hours away in a bus and one of them is going to come here. So that should be a good experience. The mission is really pushing to have a lot of Baptisms this month so as a way to say goodbye to Pres. Wilkinson and open the new mission with a good start. We still have a bit before that all happens.
We still are a group here in my area. We are still working with the stake to have a branch here. We took some pictures on Sunday so that the leaders could see where we are having the classes so maybe that will help.

Well I have really loved my companion and the area I am in and we are looking forward to working hard and returning exhausted. I love you all and I am very excited to be able to talk to you all this coming Sunday. Prepare the questions now! haha

But hey thanks for finding the time to write to me! Love ya! Thanks for being so supportive =)

Love ya! Elder Adams

We did a lot of prep prior to the baptism:
This is us setting up the pool:


Making it sparkly clean!

Picture of flowers on the temple grounds:


See the bee on the flower?






No comments:

Post a Comment