Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Happy June---- 6 months in Pital


Baptism of Elido and Vanessa. We also baptized them in the pool we have behind the church and then they were confirmed a week later in sacrament meeting.



We had two Baptisms last week. The Baptisms of Elido and Vanessa. They went really great! We baptized them out back in the Pool. We confirmed them on Sunday.

I have decided that I really love Alma Chapter 17 and 18. 17 is really great because it deals alot with what I do on a day to day basis. I like how those missionaries shared how they would fast and pray to be able to have a portion of his spirit to be with them. That has helped me realize that I need to humble myself and always try to have that portion as well to be able to help others.

Anyways, I studied the Old Testament and wow! Just the 1st five chapters alone took a total of about 3 hours to study because there is sooo much doctrine. I loved it though!

Well, now I am studying in Juan and Doctrine and Covenants and Moses. They are all really good.

Soooooo so Many things that I am thankful for that I wasn’t before I came on my mission starting with my Mother...... haha! But really I didn't appreciate you enough when I was home. And a ton of other things. Just to name a few===Church leadership. Good Housing. Bug repellent. Scriptures on the smart phone is a really great tool. The gospel of Jesus Christ. The Scriptures. Living Prophets.. Almost Everything.....! But, being here in Costa Rica has really put some things into perspective. The culture here in my area is a little different. I have been studying D & C 88 and that kind of helps put things into perspective as well.
But things here are good. I had a really good interview with President Wilkinson on Wednesday. It went really well. He is a great President and will be missed greatly.

Well, I need to go now, but this week was a good one and I hope to work hard in this coming week. So changes are next week and since I have been here nearly 6 months, I am pretty positive this will be my last week in Pital. I am almost positive that they are going to make the branch right after I leave. They will probably do it when they divide the mission and send two more missionaries to my area. That will mean there will probably be 4 missionaries in the area of Pital. That will be amazing! And, Wow what a blessing if that happens! I love this area!

Well, have a great week!
Love you all!

Elder Caleb Adams







This is what a corn field looks like here. Things grow well here due to the heavy moisture and humidity.

Here are some pictures of the area and countryside here in Pital:




Gas station here


Sample of houses
Notice the car parked inside the gates.
Notice the art work on this house!





No comments:

Post a Comment